Best top bar hive products around
The Best Top Bar Hive
The Best model is painted with 3 coats of premium semi-gloss white and comes to you already assembled. The hive stand is even painted white, including the bottoms of the feet, to protect it from moisture. The white hive has great solar reflectivity, helping to keep your hive cool during the hot summer months.
Our hive was designed to ensure that your bees survive & prosper. We screw, glue, caulk, and use rubber weatherstripping to seal all hive joints to make sure your bees are protected from cold drafts, moisture, unwanted pests, and robber bees. The entrance & exhaust holes provide adequate ventilation, especially during the winter.
The aluminum composite roof that comes standard with all of our hives remains upright when opened for a comfortable beekeeping experience and can be removed without any tools needed. Choose from three different roof colors: gloss white, brushed silver, or brushed gold.
• Painted hive stand • Hinged aluminum composite roof • Large interior feeder • 28 top bars with comb guide & side supports • Extra goodies (see product description below)
Optional: • Window (add +$50)
The Best Top Bar Hive is painted in premium exterior semi-gloss white to help your hive body last for years. The hive comes with everything you need to get started with beekeeping except for the bees of course. We only use and produce one style of hive in our apiary and it’s our high-quality, real-world tested Wild Bunch Bees top bar hive. Our no. 1 goal in designing this hive was to make sure your bees survive & prosper.
- 17.5″ W x 13″ H x 45″ L pine top bar hive (already assembled for you and painted)
- 24″ x 54″ aluminum composite roof (hinged and easily removable)(you choose your color)
- Hive stand (painted)(assembly required)
- Screws to assemble hive stand (assembly time < 5 minutes)
- 28 top bars (with comb-starting guides and built-in side supports)
- 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″, and 3/4″ wood shims to ensure tight fit of top bars
- Screen bottom board
- Solid bottom board (to cover screen bottom board during colder months)
- 3-1/2 liter feeder with plastic floats
- Feeder platform support
- 1/8″ hardware cloth for making robber screens
- $50 – Window (for easier viewing of bees, especially during the winter when you can’t open up the hive)(good educational tool)
|Dimensions||50 x 20 x 10 in|