Best top bar hive products around
The Good Top Bar Hive
The Good model is made from pine and comes to you already assembled. Our hive was designed to ensure that your bees survive & prosper. We screw, glue, caulk, and use rubber weatherstripping to seal all hive joints to make sure your bees are protected from cold drafts, moisture, unwanted pests, and robber bees. Entrance and exhaust holes provide adequate ventilation, especially during the winter.
You can paint or stain the hive your favorite color or leave it natural. Our roof has overhangs to help protect the hive from the rain and sun. The roof remains upright when opened for a comfortable beekeeping experience and can be removed easily without any tools needed. Choose from three different roof colors: gloss white, brushed silver, or brushed gold.
• Hive stand • Hinged aluminum composite roof • Large interior feeder • 28 top bars with comb guide & side supports • Extra goodies (see product description below)
The Good Top Bar Hive comes with everything you need to get started with beekeeping except for the bees of course. We only use and produce one style of hive in our apiary and it’s our high-quality, real-world tested Wild Bunch Bees top bar hive. Our no. 1 goal in designing this hive was to make sure your bees survive & prosper.
- 17.5″ W x 13″ H x 45″ L pine top bar hive (already assembled for you)(unpainted)
- 24″ x 54″ aluminum composite roof (hinged and easily removable)(you choose your color)
- Hive stand (unpainted)(assembly required)
- Screws to assemble hive stand (assembly time < 5 minutes)
- 28 top bars (with comb-starting guides and built-in side supports)
- 1/8″, 1/4″, 1/2″, and 3/4″ wood shims to ensure tight fit of top bars
- Screen bottom board
- Solid bottom board (to cover screen bottom board during colder months)
- 3-1/2 liter feeder with plastic floats
- Feeder platform support
- 1/8″ hardware cloth for making robber screens
- $30 – Exterior feeder box (for when your hive is full of comb and you can’t fit the 3-1/2 liter feeder inside)(assembly required – screws provided)
- $10 – 2 mason jar gravity feeders (1 quart each) with accurate laser etched holes (for use with exterior feeder box)
|Dimensions||54 x 20 x 14 in|